All schools in the Vallivue School District offer an excellent education for students. The district is committed to prepare each individual for success now and in the future through the most positive, effective, and economical education and fostering strong relationships between parents and teachers.
We recognize that some assigned school attendance areas may not meet the needs of families in our district, and some families live outside of our district boundaries and want to choose our schools for their children.
Idaho law (33-1402) allows us to offer an opportunity to apply for a change of school through open enrollment.
New laws regarding open enrollment take effect July 1, 2023.
|4th & 5th grade|
Application and other documentation can be dropped off or mailed to the requested school.
Along with the open enrollment application, please provide copies of the following:
- Proof of Residency
- Transcripts and/or Latest Grades
- Attendance Records
- Discipline Records (or letter from current school administrator stating no discipline record)
- Any Special Service Plans: 504, IEP, ELP, etc.
Priority for enrollment under this section shall be given to pupils applying to attend another school within the home district.
VSD may deny a transfer application for the following reasons:
- The pupil was expelled by the pupil’s previous district;
- The pupil has a documented history of significant disciplinary issues;
- The pupil has a documented history of chronic absenteeism;
- The receiving district does not have space available pursuant to section 33-1409, Idaho Code.
Additional Information About Open Enrollment
- Not all district programs are available at every school site.
- Siblings are not automatically enrolled in the school if a sibling is in a special program.
- Open Enrollment is for full-time students only and does not include foreign exchange students or siblings.
- Please be advised that the Vallivue School District reserves the right to remove open-enrolled students at any time for the following conditions:
- school overcrowding
- unacceptable behavior
- poor attendance
- District policy requires that parents/guardians are responsible for transporting open-enrolled students.