During this emergency closure of schools due to COVID-19, we hope your family is safe and healthy. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate these uncharted waters and make adaptations to continue the educational process for all Vallivue students.
What Is Vallivue Doing during the pandemic?
- Providing educational resources for parents.
- Implementing teacher-directed learning to start on April 13th.
- Closing ALL Vallivue school buildings per the Idaho State Board of Education mandate.
- Canceling ALL athletics and activities, including all extra-curricular activities until further notice.
- Suspending ALL visitors and volunteers on Vallivue indoor campuses until further notice.
- Communicating frequently with the Southwest District Health Department regarding data impacting Vallivue schools.
- Educating staff and families on prevention strategies and signs of illness.
- Cleaning and disinfecting all Vallivue building sites.
What can families do during the pandemic?
- Follow the guidelines included in the Idaho Governor's reopening plans.
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distancing and wear a face-covering when out in public.
- Be vigilant in monitoring your family’s health for signs of illness and follow CDC guidelines when sick. Contact your personal care provider for answers to your questions.
- Practice prevention strategies at home, including handwashing, respiratory hygiene, and not touching your face.
- Utilize the educational resources provided by the school district.
- Pick-up breakfast and lunch meals for children from any local feeding site.
- Monitor Vallivue’s website and Facebook page for updates.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- Shortness of Breath
- Difficulty Breathing
- Chills/Repeated Shaking
- Sore Throat
- Loss of Taste
- Muscle Pain
- Children may exhibit mild symptoms: fever, runny nose, and cough and sometimes vomiting and diarrhea.